Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Brooklyn Bridge

Liar, liar, pants on fire,
nose as long as a telephone wire.



We're in a film. We're in a film.

If I kiss you, it might be cinema.

If I stroke your hair, it might be cinema.


It's a long story.
In short, Portrait of a Girl.

So you kissed me, and you knew it was being filmed.
You're a bastard! Traitor!



No, you'll see. It will be a love story.

They didn't believe it was suicide.
There was so much blood everywhere.

They had fun making me do a reconstruction.
"She went there."
"She came through here."
"She opened the curtain."
They enjoy playing around with blood.

They were all spies!

Asking if she was sad, if she was happy...


Pigs!




No, but... maybe there is some family secrets inside.

Family secrets? I'll tell you about family secrets.
That holy institution meant to breed virtue in savages.

I want you to repeat it after me.

Say, "Holy family."

Go on. Holy family.

Church of good citizens.
- Good citizens...


The children are tortured
until they tell their first lie.



The children...
are tortured...



Where the will is broken by repression.

Where freedom...
..is assassinated.


Freedom is assassinated by egotism.

Family...







It's the dress that makes the bride.

Now, weddings in advertising smile!

They smile. On posters.
On posters, of course. But why not take poster marriage seriously?

Marriage... Pop marriage!

Pop? That's the formula.

For pop youth, pop marriage!

But... what if the pop marriage doesn't work?

Then you have to fix it like you would a car.
The spouses are two workers in overalls bending over an engine to fix it.

And in case of adultery
what happens to the pop marriage?

In that case,
there are three or four workers.



What about love?
Is love pop?




No. That's not. Love isn't pop.

Love isn't pop. So what is it?



The workers retire to a secret flat, take off their overalls and become men and women again and make love.




***************
I saw all that in my dream after you took me through, over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was windy, I was blown away and I was cold.
You walked me to the other side, and kissed me. I remember I felt like was melting thrugh your fingers.
And then, in my dream, I kept shivering and waking up out of fear that you were not around.

No comments: