Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanks

The musical "RENT", based on "La bohème" was closed in September. I've been there.

From RENT:
There's only us
There's only this ...


Forget regret or life is yours to miss

Alright
But Gordon - How do you feel today?

What do you mean?

How do you feel today?

Okay

Is that all?

Best I've felt all year

Then why choose fear?

I'm a New Yorker!
Fear's my life!
Look - I find some of what you teach suspect
Because I'm used to relying on intellect
But I try to open up to what I don't know


No other road
No other way
No day but today






I found two quotes.

I agree with this one:
“Get around people who have something of value to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life long they have departed.”

And disagree with that one:
“If we were all given by magic power to read each other's thoughts, I suppose the first effect would be to dissolve all friendships”

well, because I know that my thoughs can not ruin the frienship.


that... and the other reason that allows me to dismiss that statment is YOU.
I see that purity in you also.
Thanks for that.

No comments: